I couldn't remember if I had posted this picture of Michael or not, but it's so cute I figured it could stand a repost if I had. Thanks to Adam...Michael is a stud.
For the 4th of July we went camping at Roan Mountain. We had a lot of fun! Here are a few pictures of our fun:
Adam "locked" in the tent while Mom fed Michael and Daddy got the fire going.
Daddy and Adam on our hike by the campgrounds. It was really nice up there...we went on Mon/Tues after the big holiday and it wasn't too crowded. They even had a pool and Adam went swimming in a pool for the first time. He was scared at first, but had a blast after a few minutes.
This is what happens when Mom leaves the stroller out after taking a walk around our street...
Michael loves his bouncer and is content to play most of the time. He even loves when Adam gets in his face or bounces him a little in the chair, although Adam gets carried away often.
On Monday I had the lovely experience of calling poison control for the first time. They were really nice. When Adam wouldn't nap and insisted he had to go potty every 3 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) I had had enough...and Michael too, he was starving. The first time, Adam got into the hair conditioner. The second time, conditioner again, although this time it was hidden under the sink. So I put him in his room while I finished feeding Michael. I walk in to find a very naked Adam (thus, no pictures) covered in medicated diaper rash ointment. And he was licking it. "Did you eat any? Did you put any in your mouth?!?!?"
Adam: "Yep. Yummy Mommy!"
Mommy: "aahhhh!!!! Get in the bathtub!!!"
Luckily, the poison control lady (bless her) said just to wash out his mouth, give him some water and don't give him milk for an hour. I'm glad it wasn't worse. I still called Brian and asked him to come home, amid many tears, and fortunately he was already on his way. I know some of you moms are thinking, "oh, honey, that's nothing!" and I know there is more to come...but behold, it starts. Despite it all, I still love my son...I just needed a break, a good cry, and a good rest to remember. I love my children. I'm glad I can laugh about it now.
2 comments:
Oh man! Wish I had been there to help, although I don't think I would have been much help. I'm glad it wasn't too serious. I'm already bracing myself this year, Hyrum LOVES to climb anything and everything, so I don't think it'll be long before my first visit to the ER to get him stitches (so far he's only gotten bumps) I'm glad you went camping, we haven't gone in a long time. Maybe next time we see you we can all go? Maybe? we'll see. Miss you! P.S. My security word here to submit my comment is weirdo, haha!
Glad it turned out alright. Zacharias at about 10 tums out of my purse one day at the park - also not a problem, but it gave me a scare. My only experience so far with poison control!! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment