Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Raining Autumn Leaves in Fall...

Well, it's raining more than leaves out here. It's been raining for the last few days. So sad for Adam--he can't go outside to play! So we've tried finding more inside things to do to keep him occupied and happy. Here's Adam with Daddy on his first "horseback ride." I can't wait to take him on a real horse back ride! I loved horses as a kid (that's an understatement...).
Adam can now crawl up onto the piano bench all by himself and he loves to play. He also loves to play with the hymn book. Sadly, he also liked to play with the music stand on the piano and broke that last week. It now sits hidden in the piano bench. Good thing we bought a used one!

Here's a happy Adam playing in the sandbox when the weather was nice. Lucky for us, the squirrels stayed away. They have this annoying habit of coming onto our deck and eating my plants. Thus, no plants now.
He is just so silly! He found my shoes during family time one night and decided to put them on. He even tried to walk, but that was a little too much. The shoes are too heavy for him. I just love his face! It reminds me of Zac.

I'm now taking a fondant and gumpaste course in my cake decorating class series and this was my first one. One of the girls in our ward was baptized on Saturday and I wanted to make her a cake...so this was it. Hope it was ok!
Today we went to the doctor and they did the ultrasound. We are having a....baby!! It will still be a surprise. But I must be honest, I tried to look, but couldn't figure it out. So, it will just be baby until little one decides to come out. Good news: Angie (my sis-in-law) had her baby today!! Yay Angie!! I don't know how she did it...10 1/2 lb baby! Whoo!!

I also had to face the music today. I hate shots--I always have. But I needed my flu shot, in addition to more blood work. So, I decided to be like my son and tough it out. If he can handle having five shots in one visit, I can do one. It wasn't so bad. I'd say the blood draw hurt more...I figure because the needle was bigger. Anyways...we're good to go! And I think I'll head to bed. It's been a busy day. Hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

Blackburn Family said...

Seriously SUPER impressed by the cake! Holy molies! It's beautiful!