Well, when I was pregnant with Adam, I had work to keep me busy and some sewing projects after work. This helped me keep my mind off being pregnant and waiting for the baby to come. Now, I have a toddler to keep me busy and sewing and baking/cooking projects to keep me busy. We've tried some delicious new recipes and I've turned out some fun quilts (well, I think so anyway). Cake class has been fun too. My last course starts next week and I'm excited to learn more! Here are some pictures of what we've been up to.
This is the quilt that I made for my new nephew, Gavin Haynie. It was a little late...and I suppose I posted the pictures late so as not to spoil his surprise! It's a fun pattern that my Aunt Wendy taught me and I just keep reorganizing the squares to make different deigns.
This is just a close up with a shot of the backing. I LOVE the material I used for the backing on this quilt!! I got some extra so that I can use it when I make a blanket for our new little one.
And here's a rag quilt that I made for some neighbor friends down the street, Jeremy and Ashley. They just had their 2nd baby, Payton, and I thought it would be fun to make a "girly" quilt for her. One thing I've learned about rag quilts---they shed the little threads for a while, which is kind of annoying, but oh well. And it's a pain to cut all of the seams--and it's just a little quilt! It still turned out cute, I think. I made one for our baby too, I'll have to take a picture...and put it up with some ultrasound pictures.
And I was feeling adventurous on Friday and made bread bowls for dinner. We took some over to Jeremy and Ashley with the quilt. Every "new" mom deserves some time without having to cook! Brian helped me make potato soup and I must say it all turned out very well! Next time I think I need to do a better job putting on the "egg wash" so that it is more even.
I've also discovered a recipe for pumpkin cranberry muffins that I just love! It's not too sweet, so the baby seems to be ok with them. They are so yummy!! I made some tonight to take next door. They are so nice!! Mike, our neighbor, basically mowed our whole backyard for us today--they are so thoughtful!! We love having such good neighbors! They are such a blessing!
1 comment:
Thanks for the cute quilt. It's so thoughtful to have someone put so much time and effort into something like that. Gavin's been using it to hang out on the floor and stare at the light coming in from the window. We're looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment