Friday, June 5, 2009

The Garden

Well, since we have talked about our garden I figured I should add some pictures of our little garden. So far, Phillipe hasn't bothered the garden, but something else is eating all my plants! The little buggers...stripping the leaves to nothing. We've tried a soap/oil spray, but they are still getting eaten. We've also tried some Sevin, but it keeps raining. We've got to find something to get rid of the little pests. In my little herb garden, my basil had just sprouted and had these tiny little leaves--but no more--they've all been stripped to the stem! I've never really liked bugs...now I know why.

Anyways, pictures of our little garden. These were taken a while ago...probably 10 days ago. It's grown a lot since then and we have about 3-4 little tomatoes and 3 yellow squash growing!Adam loves to help in the garden. Good thing he was digging with one of Daddy's taffy pieces and not a trowel or we wouldn't have any pepper left!



These are our little sugar snap peas. Only about half came up, but that's ok. They are now also starting to get eaten by some bug, and they haven't bloomed or anything yet. We'll see. It was so exciting to watch them grow! At least, the ones I didn't pull up, mistaking them for weeds.

And this would be two zucchini plants, nasturtium (flowers that help with squash bugs--eww), and a mixture of bush beans and corn. We'll see how it goes. These are in our "top box."

This is our "bottom box" and it is growing the most so far. There are labels of the plants on the picture. I'm so excited to have fruit from the garden! I've already been able to cut some "chives" off the tops of the onions for our burrito skillet and other meals. It's great!

And of course we always have to have a picture of Adam. He was helping Daddy with the dishes last week and he was just so cute, I had to get a picture. He's getting so big!!

No comments: