Thursday, June 18, 2009

The First Big Haircut...and other updates

So I have given Adam a few "trims" to keep his hair presentable, but Tuesday night we decided to just do it and get it over with. Besides, it's summer and he can handle a buzz. Here's my little boy before the cut--he's such a cute little boy! Oh I love him...if you need further evidence of how out-of-control his hair was, see the next picture.
The craziness...oh and that's our new rug in the front room. I just finished the pillows that help "accentuate" the room.
This is Adam checking with Mom after the buzzing was over--"are you sure it's not going to hurt? That felt WEIRD!!" He did REALLY well with the clippers! As long as I put my hand on his head and then the clippers and held it still for a second before I moved it, he did great. I was so grateful!
And here's the top of his head. It really reminds me of Zac, Caleb and also Enoch when they get their hair buzzed.
In the bathtub, trying to get out all the little hairs. This is what Adam thinks of it all. He's so silly!
And here's my little goober. I was trying to take a picture of his hair for Grandma(s), and this is what I got. He's so silly. "Rraaaarrr!!!"
He did sit still for one picture. There are a few spare hairs I need to go back and trim, but I'd say it went pretty well.
Oh yes, and I just had to show you all this beautiful pie. I picked the cherries, pitted the cherries (by HAND--no pitter, just a knife and fingers--took me over 2 hours...), made the pie filling, made the crust and did it all by myself. I was rather satisfied. And the best part--it was delicious and we got to share with the missionaries!!

And last, but definitely not least, I finally finished the quilt for my friend Sarah back in Bishop who had her baby at the end of May. It took me a while to finish it, but I was thrilled with the way it turned out. I hope she likes it as much as I do!
Just a little close-up detail of the fabric...the fabric was so cute!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Adam looks so grown up with a buzz cut. Just another little Haynie boy with a buzz (so much easier than combing it).

Jennie said...

Kathy - you are AMAZING!!! that pie looked so good and the quilt turned out beautifully! Hope you guys are having a fun summer - love, Jennie, Jon, and Hannah :)