Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Must...

...brag on Brian. So, Brian has been switched to a rotating shift schedule for work and started that about 5 weeks ago. Let's just say, it's no one in our family's favorite schedule. We weekly switches between 12 hour night shifts and day shifts and to say the least it's hard on one's body. We definitely have empathy for those who do or have ever worked this schedule! One nice thing is that he does have 7 days off each month (7 days in a row) to catch up on everything he can't get done when he's working. Brian is such a champ for working these shifts and he never complains.

The last few days, "elephantitis" has set in on my pregnant body. My feet have swollen to the point that it's painful to walk and it feels like I constantly have things between my toes (it drives me nuts!). We only have 3.5 weeks left and I'm grateful! Brian is working days this week and I had a doctor appointment this morning. The kids went to a friend's house while I saw the doc. Walking out of my appointment, feeling huge, uncomfortable, and unattractive Brian popped out of the trees with a bouquet of flowers. I am one lucky girl! I only got to see him for a few minutes since he had to run back to work, but in those few minutes I was reminded how much I'm loved, valued, and appreciated. He's such an awesome husband! Plus, he cooks whenever he's home and helps out with housework on top of helping tons with the kiddos.

A couple of weeks ago (on one of Brian's days off) we went to the park and had a cook out so I could search out some good spots to take family pictures for some friends in the ward. The kids were fairly obliging (minus Lillian, she wasn't thrilled) models.

 The kids were also helpful getting a picture of this quilt I finally finished for Blake, their newest cousin. I wish I was able to make one for each new baby that comes along, but sadly sometimes that doesn't happen. I haven't even made our new baby a quilt yet. I have some adorable fabric picked out if it's a boy! We're hoping this baby will come on it's own relatively on time. Doc has told me to rest more and let the kids get things themselves. No strict bed rest orders yet. I'm so grateful for Brian and his willingness to help so much. He's the best "help-meet" I could ever ask for.



3 comments:

Gisela-David said...

Love it! Brian is such a stud! Thanks for taking care of my sweet friend. The blanket looks amazing. Miss you! I hope baby comes soon too!

Angie said...

Hang in there! The last weeks are miserable. We love the quilt. It is beautiful! Thank you so much :)

Karen said...

The quilt is beautiful as as your models! I love the green grass!!! I'm so glad for you that Brian is such a wonderful man and helping you in all the ways he can. How cute is that popping out behind a tree with flowers?! I hope that all goes well in the days before baby comes. Good luck!!!