Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Those were peas?! Oops...

So I have to laugh at myself. I talked to mom on Sunday and was telling her about our exciting garden. She asked if I had needed to weed a lot yet and I haven't had to weed at all yet. Brian mentioned last night as we were headed to see a piano that there were some weeds in the top box. So when we got home I checked it out, pulled one out with the roots and thought, "wow, that looks weird--you can still see the seed!" Then I tried to pull out two more but couldn't get the roots. Adam was getting fussy and so we headed in. Then as we were taking Brian to work this morning I got to thinking about those weeds and how I needed to get out my gloves and get the seeds out. Then I thought about our zucchini seeds that just sprouted in our kitchen and I wondered when our peas would sprout that we planted in the top box...ahh!! I was pulling up our peas!!! I had completely forgotten that we had planted them where the "weeds" were coming up. Good thing I only plucked out one by the roots and two just got pinched off. Oops. What's life if you can't learn a little and laugh at yourself in the process??

No comments: