Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Dr.'s Visit

Well, here we are again just after another Dr. appointment for Adam. It's a good thing we like Adam's doctor, since we go there a lot. And please don't think I'm one of those paranoid moms that takes her kid to the doctor every time he sneezes. Today we had an ear-check appointment to see if his ears had gone back to normal after the last ear infection. And once again, Adam got a cold this past week and I kept putting off taking him to the doctor because we already had an appointment for today. Well, once again--yup, you guessed it--Adam has another nasty ear infection. Round three of antibiodics please! Doc said that they have a standard of 4 ear infections within 6 months or 6 within one year and they usually put tubes in their ears. We're well on our way. But I am happy to say there is help for these recurring ear infections. Plus, I'm so grateful that we are blessed to have insurance. I'm grateful that Brian has a good job and for all the many things the Lord has blessed us with. I think of how much worse it could be and find myself happy that we have the trials we do. Kind of silly to be thankful for trials, but we are. Another happy note, well maybe not happy, but kind of cool, Adam now weighs 20 lbs. 14 oz. The kid's growing like a weed! I just love him so much! We are truly blessed. Hopefully, you are all doing well and enjoying the blessings you've been given as well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AHH! The poor sick guy. That's so sad!

Blackburn Family said...

We can't wait to see you guys in a little more than a week! Yay! And poor Adam. I think Brian had to have tubes in his ears...??

The Ostheds said...

Sounds like you are doing good in your new house! Congrats! What is your new address? You can email it to osthed at gmail .com