Monday, September 15, 2008

Solid Foods!

We had a landmark experience this past week...Adam started eating solid foods! Whoa! We just started out with rice cereal, saving the yummy stuff for a little later. He did such a great job! The first few bites were spit out, but that's ok, he's just learning. Now he has discovered that when he wants more and Mom's not paying attention, he can open his mouth and grunt, and he'll get more. He's such a smart little boy. My baby's growing up! He's a little boy now! Oh, I can't believe it. Adam really enjoys eating his cereal so far, so we may try some carrots or peas this next week.

Adam spits up like Old Faithful. He doesn't just do it after he eats...he does it at random times all the way up until it's time to eat again. We've tried what the doctor suggested two months ago, but to no avail. We were hoping that with solid foods, he'd do better at keeping it down. However, no such luck. He still spits up his formula...and it's still happening hours after he eats. So, we go to the doctor next week and will hopefully get some help. Poor little boy. I can't imagine that it feels good. It smells awful, so I can't imagine poor Adam spitting it up all the time. He's such a trooper! And I'm continually amazed that our little trooper is getting hair. Now he LOOKS like a little boy!

Brian and I made our flight arrangements for Christmas this weekend and we are so excited to see everyone! I'm a little nervous about taking Adam on the plane...but we'll do our best. He'll just want to crawl around and I hope he doesn't cry a lot. We'll just have to bring things to keep him occupied. Since the website isn't wanting to download the video...I'll have to take some pictures of Adam at dinner time and post them. Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you want some flying advice?

BrianD said...

Yes! I'd love some flying advice!