Monday, February 7, 2011

This makes me Grateful

The past week has been, well, awful. Last Monday night, Adam started moaning, whining, and crying. Then he started throwing up. That lasted until Wednesday morning. Then, he got the runs. Thursday morning I went in to get Michael to discover he had thrown up in bed. That lasted until Friday night. Then he followed the same pattern as Adam. Brian and I have both been targets multiple times and let me say, our boys have great aim! Brian got sick Friday. Mom got sick Saturday night. We were thinking today was getting back to normal. Mom made yummy soup. She was rocking Michael to sleep when he started swallowing hard. I have never seen so much come out of such a little boy. And he didn't eat well today, he's been really grumpy. Babies should not have to throw up. I'm guessing the runs will continue a while longer. I'm grateful we have such a great washer and dryer--they have sure been used a lot this past week.

This week has definitely made me grateful that my kids are usually healthy. And mostly well-behaved. This week has been the pits. I guess we're house-bound for another four days...as long as there's no more throwing up. I'm also grateful that I got sick on the weekend, so Brian could take care of the kids and I wouldn't have to worry. Oh, the joys of family!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

GET WELL SOON! So sorry to hear about your week of sickness...

Karen said...

So sorry! That's no fun.