Well yes...I have been domestic this week. Yesterday, the boys and Brian and I went to the orchard and picked sour cherries since they were ripe. We stemmed and pitted them and then...dum dum dum...we made cherry freezer jam!! Oh YUM! It is delicious! I even have enough cherries left to do some canned jam...but I was going to save that for later this week. We even made homemade ice cream last week...with fresh strawberries, oh yum!
Today, I hemmed an Elder's pants; that was after my presidency meeting this morning and during the time when Adam refused to nap. Then I made wheat bread. And, get ready for this: I experimented with the recipe!! I know it's Brian's job to do that, I'm too chicken normally, but I did it this time. And it turned out pretty well. I know it's not saying much, but the Elders ate it...and they enjoyed it too. Missionaries will pretty much eat anything, it's great. I even cooked dinner and had it all ready and on the table before the missionaries got here. Baked potatoes, corn on the cob, bbq chicken, bread, and cherry jam (yummers).
After dinner I made strawberry-kiwi freezer jam. I discovered it is very sweet. Glad I only made one batch. Now I need to do the laundry and vacuum tomorrow. And maybe clean my kitchen. You may think, "gosh, where does she find the time?" I don't. I don't have time. I make time. I do things like making jam and baking bread as "me" time because it is something I enjoy. And I try and let Adam help. Now I need to make time for journaling. I kind of consider blogging "journaling," but there's just something about written words on a page...something for my children and grandchildren to see and touch one day...
No comments:
Post a Comment