Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Garden Chronicles

Well, we set a trap to catch Phillipe....and it took a few days. Yesterday morning we woke up to find this in the trap:

Oops! We just let him go. He wasn't the foul creature that did this to our lovely peas:


Phillipe destroyed half of our peas! The gate accidentally got left open and he wreaked havoc on our little garden.

One of the dozen blossoms that was left. They are so pretty!

Well...we didn't reset the trap that morning, thinking we'd do it when Brian got home from work. Phillipe must have thought the peas were extraordinary because he peeled back the gate, let himself in, and then destroyed the rest of our peas. We now have no peas, and a trap at the garden entrance with a death sentence for any groundhog that gets caught. At first I was thinking, "I don't think I could kill it...I don't want to damage our friends cage. We'll let it go the first time." Now I'm thinking our neighbor's .22 is looking pretty good. We'll see. Stayed tuned! I hope we catch one...or two, hopefully not more.


No comments: