Monday, December 7, 2009

Leftover Turkey?

While I love Thanksgiving, weeks of leftover turkey sandwiches are not my favorite. My mom always bought a record-size turkey (usually 3-4 and froze them) and we had turkey leftovers for like a month. One of my favorites, aside from sandwiches made with Mom's rolls, mashed potatoes, and turkey, is a turkey casserole. I didn't have my mom's recipe, so I looked this one up and it tastes the same to me--really yummy!! Try it out for yourself and see!

Turkey Casserole:
1 can Cream of chicken soup
1 can Cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 can diced green chiles
10 oz turkey (diced into bite-sized pieces)
corn tortillas
cheddar cheese

1. Mix soups and sour cream with chiles in a medium bowl. Cover bottom of a greased, 9x13 in pan with corn tortillas, layer with turkey and then soup mixture. Add a layer of cheese. Repeat layers ending with tortillas and cheese on top (usually only two layers of turkey and soup). Cook at 350 degrees for 30 min or until cheese is bubbly.

Brian really likes this served with salsa (for a little extra spice). I just love it plain, served with corn or green beans. I'm tempted to buy another turkey, just to make this casserole!

No comments: