I realize that it is the day after Thanksgiving, but I thought I'd post some of the things for which I am grateful. Gratitude should not be seasonal.
1. My family: I have such a wonderful husband! He helps with making dinner and taking care of Adam and he goes to work every day. What means a lot to me is that he would rather be at home with us than at work, yet he still goes. Adam is such a sweet boy. I know he drives me crazy often, but I wouldn't trade it--I love my son! Then there's my parents who are so wonderful. They have truly helped me become who I am and I'm so thankful for their standards and their faith. I am grateful for my extended family--I couldn't ask for better in-laws.
2. Home: I'm grateful to have a home. My family is sheltered and kept warm in our lovely home. It is such a haven from the world--I love it!
3. Food: It's not just because I'm pregnant. I'm grateful that we always have plenty to eat and plenty to share. We love having the missionaries over for dinner and having them be our ginnea pigs. I also love to have friends over for dinner.
4. Laughter: Life is just so much better with laughter. Ever notice what an effect it has on people when you smile at complete strangers?
5. Modern medicine: It is amazing what we can do! So many lives our saved now that even 20 years ago was not possible. I think of the "women on the plains" delivering babies--if that had been me, Adam and I would have both died, and yet we're alive and well.
6. Our predecessors: I am grateful for those that came before me. Farmers and butchers and such that did things "the hard way." Sometimes I think it would be fun to go back in time and spend a few days doing things the "old way." All our technological advances are great, but they made things work back then and I think they were more "quality people."
7. The Future: Today is not the end! Isn't that great? We have tomorrow to try again. We have children to teach. We have the opportunities to make a better world.
8. The Gospel: I would not be happy without the Gospel in my life. It is amazing to me how it blesses every aspect of my life. My family is eternal--forever. I have a Savior who suffered for my sins. I can be perfect through the Atonement of Christ. I am a child of God and I am known and loved.
There are so many things to be grateful for and hopefully we can remember to be grateful for them every day of the year.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment