Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Weekend

Well, we had a wonderful weekend last weekend and I haven't been able to blog about it until now. Brian's parents came into town for a few days and his brother and his family as well (the family we went to the beach with). We had so much fun!! I'm sad I really didn't get any pictures. I need to take a lesson from Grandma Hofmann and take pictures more often.

On Thursday we were excited to first welcome Brian's parents and have lunch and show them around the house. As I think about, it was really exciting for us to show them our house, as an accomplishment. I know it will be the same for my parents when they come and visit (hopefully soon). Having our parents know and see that we are doing well is rewarding.

Anyways, after spending some time with them, Scott and Melissa and co arrived and we all had a great time talking and laughing. Melissa's sister Lisa was able to come too. We're so excited for her as she prepares to serve a mission in Brazil--we wish her luck!

On Friday we all went to Bays Mtn. and enjoyed seeing all of the animals. We were even able to hear the pack of wolves howl--that was really cool. Afterwards we had lunch together and went to splash pad (a kids water park with lots of fountains) and had a blast! We all played on the playground equipment and had a "jolly good time." Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Scott, Melissa & Co. but we were so happy they were able to come!

We kept Brian's parents busy on Saturday with putting the 2nd coat of paint on the yellow room (to be a nursury eventually), took them to the ward 24th of July celebration, helped a family pack up their moving truck, ran errands, and took them to our neighborhood block party. It was a busy weekend, but so much fun!

As we had to say farewell after Sacrament meeting on Sunday, I found myself really sad that they had to leave and having to hold back tears. It was so nice to have family here. Despite how much we miss our families (and that's an incredible lot), we know that we need to be here now. And we're happy. We are so happy that Brian only has to work one job and that I can stay home with Adam and that we are developing close friendships with people here. We have been truly blessed.
Here are the three Daniels' grandsons playing the piano at our house. They had so much fun together!

No comments: