Thursday, March 12, 2009

Someone is Confused...

So the other morning Adam woke up super early (he's been doing that all week, bit annoying actually) and after an hour of restlessness gave in and came to bed and snuggled with me. Just as Adam is being peaceful and sleepy I hear this annoying racket coming from outside our kitchen (the other side of our bedroom). It sounded like someone took a jack-hammer and was hammering inside a metal tube! So I get up with Adam and look out our windows. I can't see anything. So I go into the dining room and kitchen and look out those windows. I still can't see anything. Then I hear scratching on metal...it sounds like a woodpecker in the chimney!! So, scared chicken that I am, I leave Adam inside and stealthily sneak outside to catch the perpetrator. I should have taken the big rolling pin...note for next time. But there was no sign of him!

Then yesterday in the late morning, the same sound kept happening. So once again, I stealthily snuck outside (ok, when is sneaking ever NOT stealthily done? oh well...on with the story) and I look at the three sides of the chimney I can see. And then, I spooked it! The confused woodpecker flew out from the fourth side of the chimney. Poor thing doesn't know that chimney's aren't made of wood. I'm sure that with all that rattling and all those vibrations from pecking on metal his poor brain has been addled. Hopefully he finds a real tree to go and peck. Oh yes, and delightful news...Adam has decided that he CAN walk on his own! He's walking a lot more and becoming so brave! He's such a sweet boy. We love him so much!

1 comment:

Gisela-David said...

Haha! At first I thought this post was about Adam, seeing he's been getting up early. I had a woodpecker scare the daylights out of me once when I was waiting for a bus. It started pecking the street lamp right above me. It was so loud!! I can just imagine you lurking in the bushes trying to catch the thing.